Monday, August 22, 2011



Michael's Tropical Sixth Birthday Party


Posing next to the biggest cake I have ever constructed, I mean baked.
It is a six layer red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate shavings. After I assembled and frosted the cake he brought a ruler and it was ten inches!



The children loved doing the limbo.


Even James had to get in on the action. Of course the mai tai's I made were partly responsible.



The main attraction was the palm tree bounce house. I let Michael pick the bouncy this year and he chose this one because it was the biggest. I had to come up with a theme to match.


There were a few children who were in there for at least an hour before taking a breather.


Elizabeth showing off my pearls. She told me that it was a party and she needed to wear jewelry. How can I argue with that rationale?


Ready to sing Happy Birthday


After we cut the first slice I passed the duty onto a friend who does catering and served beautiful slices that showed off my hard work.


Found Andrew sneaking a goody bag.


It stormed on and off the day of the party. Michael was so upset. But for most of the party it was nice enough to be outside.
After everyone left Michael said, "Only 365 more days until my next birthday party." Shew, I hadn't even cleaned up after our 35 guests and he is making plans for next year.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like another great party Maria!
Erin