Saturday, August 01, 2009



Happy Birthday Michael!!




Michael has been planning his birthday all week.
Most of the efforts went into the menu.
He wanted wild rice, feta stuffed olives, grapes, and pecorino romano cheese for breakfast


He's enjoying his unique selections, but I'm not sure how Elizabeth likes it.
While the rice was cooking we went downstairs to play on his new drums


He loves his drum set. He rocks out to music on the stereo, but I may have to sign him up for lessons.



After jamming on the drums he told Elizabeth, "It is time to play in the bouncy castle because it's my birthday." It's a good thing she likes to play whatever Michael wants.

Later, we had bacon for a morning snack. While Elizabeth napped I worked on the lego cake. Good thing today was a practice round before his party. It needs more icing, but I ran out of powdered sugar. And I think the strawberry cake was too moist for handling. But today he gets to pick everything. We had fun decorating the cake together.

For lunch Michael couldn't decide between Panera or Chik-fil-a. He chose the latter since it is at the mall. He acts like it's a treat, but he doesn't even like nuggets or other fast food. They both ended up sharing my salad. Michael and Elizabeth were having a great time in the mall kiddie area when he stopped suddenly and said, "Let's go shopping in Nordstrom's." He probably wanted a balloon, but I was so proud.

After nap he enjoyed blue cheese stuffed olives. Then we waited for James to get home from the hospital so we could have cake and open presents.


I cannot believe my sweet boy is four. It seems so much older than three for some reason.




Stuffing his face - you wouldn't know that he ate four mini cupcakes earlier while I was assembling the cake



He loved the Hungry Hungry Hippos game
While we were at Chuck E. Cheese he said he wanted to come home because the hippos were hungry.



What a treat - we spent the evening at Chuck E. Cheese


Elizabeth wasn't quite sure of the place



Michael and I played this water gun race MANY times. He didn't seem to mind that I beat him every time.

It was a fun filled birthday. He didn't eat the asiago stuffed olives he had planned for his bedtime snack. So he must have been very tired.




1 comment:

Cameron said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL....sounds like a great day especially the Nordstoms comment. LOL Cameron would love to come and rock out with you someday. We miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!