Sunday, August 16, 2009


Beach Trip


Elizabeth's first steps on the beach


Sinking into the wet sand - she's not so sure about this.


Michael, on the other hand, was thrilled.


After a few minutes she was fine.
In no time she was walking up and down the beach between the water and her sand toys.


My parents joined us on vacation.
We all had a wonderful time. The kids enjoyed having their grandparents there and we got to relax a bit.


The first few days it was nearly 100 degrees, so you had to stay in the water to be cool.


Towards the end of the trip it cooled a bit. Here's Michael bundled up after playing in the ocean.



Baby Bump
I love being pregnant, it is the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. And now, for the third time, it's still incredible.

Father and son


Michael was great in the ocean. The first couple of days the waves would knock him over, but after awhile he learned how to move with the water and LOVED it.


Elizabeth at her favorite vantage point in the beach house.


My parents brought a beautiful half size violin for Michael's birthday present.
He has been asking to take lessons for months now.


He would ask to play several times a day. He's practicing his bowing and learning how to hold the violin and bow. He is so excited with his instrument. He keeps asking when he will be able to play particular songs.


Fun in the sand




My sassy girl





My parents, James and I would take turns kayaking. Finally, we found a child's life vest and decided to take Michael out.


We had pretty calm waters every afternoon, but when we took him we flipped over and Michael got a bit freaked. Oh well, we'll try again next year.

We had such a great time at the beach, Michael kept saying he wanted to stay for twenty days. Who wouldn't? He feasted on calamari, shrimp, and crab nearly everyday. Crazy gourmand.
On several occasions we saw dolphins close by. Such beautiful creatures. We enjoyed walks on the beach. I couldn't believe how fast Elizabeth walked and for so long.
We are already looking forward to our next beach vacation.







1 comment:

Cameron said...

ok, did I miss the memo on the baby bump??? I had no clue!!! CONGATS. I am so excited for you. We are trying for number two....no luck yet...een tryin for a long time now....not sure it is in the plans. When is your due date? Email me.